Hello. Welcome, I am Iain Taylor a Process Engineering specialist in Pharmaceutical Facility Design. Over 20 years experience working in the Pharmaceutical Industry, worldwide. Successful Engineers are good all rounders with emotional intelligence as well as technical skills.
This site’s objectives are to be a leading source of shortcuts, life hacks, information, books, tools, skills and links specifically targeted towards Pharmaceutical Facility Design Specialists. A social blog place to meet, share ideas and to find answers.
Pharmaceutical Facility Design Specialist.
Current Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council and full member of the
Institution of Chemical Engineers
1984-1989 Degree in Industrial Chemistry B.Sc. Hons 2.1
- Over twenty years experience working in cGMP pharmaceutical industries.
- Process engineering calculations equipment specifications and plant design.
- HAZOP and PHA procedures.
- Plant commissioning, troubleshooting and validation execution.
- Hazardous Area Classification & DSEAR/ATEX
- DCS/PLC process engineering functional design and FAT/ SAT Commissioning.
- Verbal communication through presentations for marketing, briefings and lecturing
- Written reports and validation protocols, SOP’s, P&ID, URS, IQ, OQ, PQ & PFD.
- Team leadership for project teams, supervision of engineers and contractors.
- Familiar with main Microsoft packages and AutoCad used daily at work.
- Basic German (actively learning)